This project consisted in performing several improvements to the Espino, Pezuela, and Río Prieto areas aqueduct system. These areas were served by either non-Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority or Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority superficial water sources that lacked filtration processes. The scope of the work of this project included the installation of a new 6-inch diameter transmission pipe and a new parallel 4-inch diameter distribution pipe, the construction of a 100,000 gallon capacity water distribution tank, the installation of pressure-reducing valves along rural roads, as well as providing service connections to all existing structures. The project was funded by the Puerto Rico Department of Health (DOH) and Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority PRASA, executed in year 2013 with duration of 18 months.
- Project Type Infrastructure (Water / Wastewater)
- Services Contracted Construction Inspection
- Owner Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority
- Client Lares Aqueduct System for the Espino, Pezuela and Rio Prieto
- Contract Period 2012-2013