This project consisted of the expansion of the Lajas Potable Water System to provide enough capacity to extend its service to the municipality of San Germán. The project included the construction of:
(1) 1,800 GPM pump station at the Pepe Toro Tanks facility to replace the existing system.
(2) A 12 inch diameter ductile iron pipe up to the new tank site at Montebello Sector.
(3) A 1-MG tank at the Montebello Sector.
This project was funded by the EPA’s Drinking Water State Revolving Funds, managed by the Puerto Rico Department of Health. The project was executed in 12 months, and had a construction cost of approximately $3.1 Million.
- Project Type Infrastructure (Water / Wastewater)
- Services Contracted Construction Inspection
- Owner Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority
- Client Puerto Rico Department of Health
- Contract Period 2013
- Location Lajas - San Germán