This project consisted in the design of a wastewater pump station, its force main and the gravity sewer improvements required to convey the wastewater collected by the existing sanitary sewer to the proposed pump station. The force main will deliver the collected wastewater to the San Sebastián WWTP. The project design consisted in the preparation of construction documents for the following facilities:
(1) Wastewater pump station with a capacity of 1,500 gallons per minute, including all the required civil, structural, mechanical and electrical works.
(2) 1,800 feet of force main with a diameter of 10 inches.
(3) 1.2 miles of gravity sewer lines with diameters ranging from 8 inches to 18 inches.
(4) Restoration of existing roads.
(5) Modification of the existing sanitary sewer system.
(6) Relocation of existing utilities to allow for the installation of the proposed pipelines. This project was funded by EPA’s State Revolving Fund and had a construction cost of approximately $3.5 Million.
- Project Type Infrastructure(Water/Wastewater)
- Services Contracted Design, Permitting & Services During Construction
- Owner Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority
- Client CDM Smith
- Contract Period September, 2010 toJuly, 2011
- Construction Cost $3,500,000.00
- Location San Sebastian, PR