The school is comprised of fourteen buildings; twelve single story and two double story structures in approximately 75,000 square feet. These buildings include classrooms, administration offices, cafeteria and library. The school’s main building was designed in the “Art Deco” style. The modernization of the school consists of the following rehabilitation tasks:
(1) Comprehensive modernization of nine existing buildings and the covered basketball court, including but not limited to repairs, renovations and upgrades to its structural system (seismic retrofit), building envelope, mechanical, electrical and plumbing works, improvements, and complete rehabilitation of classrooms, offices and related activity rooms.
(2) Demolition of five existing structures.
(3) Construction of a new building to house the library, vertical circulation, administration offices and a computer laboratory.
(4) Construction of a new covered student central plaza.
- Project Type Remodeling
- Services Contracted Design
- Client Ana Roque Duprey School
- Contract Period 2011
- Location Humacao, Puerto Rico